Sign In

Skip Navigation LinksFrenchBac

Skip Navigation LinksMinistry of Education & Higher Education

 French baccalaureate

French baccalaureate

Can the French Baccalaureate be considered a permission to pursue a foreign system or curriculum?

A protocol which was signed in 1994 with the French Republic gave any Lebanese or foreign student the right to pursue, in Lebanon or abroad, the French program and get a Lebanese Equivalency document if:

  • A student has completed 12 years of education (From grade 11 to Grade 1 per the French labeling of school years);
  • A student holder of a Lebanese brevet or its equivalent
  • A student is exempted from the Lebanese curriculum.


If I am a holder of an Equivalency Document, can I become a member of the Bar Association?

Only Lebanese citizens who have the French Bac can become members of the Bar Association (Law number…).


Can any school teach the French baccalaureate?

In order to teach the French baccalaureate, the school:

  • should be officially registered  with the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Lebanon.
  • may have "twinning" with schools that issue the diploma (France).


List of the schools that are authorized to teach the French baccalaureate


Needed documents​​